Tuesday, June 8, 2010

~~~ Animal Prints, the new neutral? ~~~

Have you have ever thought of using animal prints as a neutral background?  I never did until I started taking pillows from various collections and putting them into different combinations.

I am using a tan leopard print as an example.  (Using a tan background wasn't the best choice for the photos, but you will see the idea.) 


Here the leopard print is used in the background with the accent pillows in front.


Since the tan color tones were close, mixing a traditional type of decor with the leopard print brings more interest to this setting. 




Along with using the leopard print for a backdrop, I mixed the two collections, Congo animal  print with the leopard print, to bring more drama and focus to the elephant.

Here the leopard print soothes the eye from the busy print and bright colors of this beautiful fabric.



Have you "dared" to use an animal print as a neutral?  I would love to hear what you have done.


4 comments:

  1. I never have. Although, I love a great graphic of an animal on a pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the adorable owl on your avatar! Thanks for your comment, Maureen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I hope to see you visit me ---

    http://maureencracknellhandmade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE all your designs. I will keep my on your new things, I promise! Christmas is coming!!! Laurie :)

    ReplyDelete